Rostering accommodation shifts can be difficult as often staff shifts are alternating through out the time a client is in 24-hour care. Separate rosters can be created for accommodation staff and accommodation clients to combat this issue. This allows for more flexibility when rostering accommodation shifts.
Setting up Accommodation Client Roster is a 3 step process:
Step 1: Generate an Area called Accommodation Client.
Step 2: Add a staff called "Accommodation Staff". (It is required because we need to attach a staff to the client. This will prevent the shift from being sent into a Pending state)
Step 3: Start generating shifts
Create Accommodation Client Area
Use the same process for creating an area to add the accommodation staff area.
Create Accommodation Staff Profile
To set-up your account for accommodation rostering you will need to create a new accommodation staff profile, by selecting staff tab --> select new.
- On the staff information page set the name to Accommodation Staff to differentiate it from the other staff.
- This is a staff member so remember to still set role to Staff.
- Once the name is set select No Access at the top right of the page. This enables you to double-book staff and it will not be counted in your ShiftCare subscription number.
Fill in the rest of the mandatory details and click create at the bottom of the page.
Generating Accommodation Shifts
Generating shifts for accommodation clients utilizes the same process as when creating a standard shift.
- Naming Shifts: Now start generating the shift.
- Add Staff: Add accommodation staff to the shift. This will prevent the shift from being sent into a Pending state.
- Accommodation client roster