From ShiftCare you can export invoices, which can be be imported into MYOB as invoices. Within MYOB you want can import ShiftCare invoices using Service Sales Import.
Inorder to kick-off export, go to Invoices --> List, choose date period that you want to export. Then scroll down the page and click on export button and choose MYOB option:
This will trigger export job and email will be sent to you once export is complete. Click on link in email to download file and store it on your computer. Remember the location/folder of this file as it will be required later on.
The downloaded file will have following columns:
- Co./Last Name - Mandatory - This is lastname of Client and it should match value set in ShiftCare to MYOB. MYOB import process will use this field in matching criteria.
- Firstname - Optional - This field is not used in matching but it is a good idea to match Firstname in MYOB to ShiftCare value.
- Invoice # - Mandatory - ShiftCare issued invoice number.
- Date - Mandatory - Issue Date of invoice.
- Customer PO - Optional - If Purchase Order number has been set while creating invoice then it will be exported as well.
- Description - Mandatory - Description for each line item within the invoice.
- Account # - Mandatory - Account Number in MYOB is mandatory for invoice import and it needs to be one of valid (sales) entries from Account list in MYOB. Account Number is setup in Shift Type external id.
- Amount - Mandatory - Amount for each line item.
- Inc-Tax Amount - Optional - If there is a GST element to line item, then this field will have amount including GST.
- Card ID - Mandatory - Card Id of customer in MYOB. This must be stored in Client's Reference Number field.
- Job - Optional - Job number comes from Shift's Area - External Id.
- Tax Code - Optional - If there is a GST component then value in this column will be GST.
Starting Import in MYOB
In order to start import, click on File Menu and then choose Import Data sub-menu option and finally choose Sales and Service Sales. Following dialog will be presented, it should match values in each field as per image below, pay special attention to highlighted field.
Hit Next and locate file that you downloaded above and hit Open.
Finally, match fields in left column with fields in right column. It is very important to do correct field mapping otherwise import can fail, see example below. Hit Import.
Once Import is finished, you will be presented a dialog with import status. Note down folder location at bottom of this dialog. This is where detailed status of import is located.
Tip! Invoices are imported okay, even if final result mention that records are being imported with warnings.