This article refers to a feature or area that has been deprecated
Requesting leave on behalf of staff requires the requester to have Admin or HR access level.
To request leave on behalf of staff navigate to Staff -> Leave Calendar. Select the request leave icon.
Selecting the icon will open a dialogue box that will request you to select staff. Click on the drop-down menu to allocate staff for the leave request. You can only allocate staff at a time.
Once staff have been allocated, select the Create option.
or the 'x' on the top right if you wish to cancel creating the leave.
Type box allows you to select the type of leave the staff member is asking for.
Note! Deselecting All Day will bring up two extra time fields next to the Start and End date boxes. This allows you to select what hours of the day the staff are unavailable for.
- This hours staff requested for leave will appear in the absent report
Keeping it checked will mean that the Staff Member will be unavailable for the entire day. If staff have requested a whole day leave, only the hours that they work will be present in the leave/absent report.
E.g.: If staff daily limit hours are 7.6 and staff request a whole day leave, then only the contracted hours (7.6) will be presented in the absent leave report.
Recurring Leave - You can also change repeat pattern if leave is a recurring leave.
- Oneoff: Will only create a leave for the 'Start' date selected.
- Daily Will create a leave for every day in the 'Start' and 'End' period.
- Weekly Will create a leave for every week of the 'Start' and 'End' period on the day the 'Start' date was set to.
- Fortnightly Will create a leave for every fortnight of the 'Start' and 'End' period on the day the 'Start' date was set to.
- Every 4 weeks Will create a leave for every four weeks of the Start' and 'End' period beginning at the 'Start' date.
- Monthly Will repeat shift same date of every month of the Start' and 'End' period beginning at the 'Start' date.
- Weekdays Will create a leave for every weekday of the 'Start' and 'End' period beginning at the 'Start' date.
- Weekends Will create a leave for every weekend of the 'Start' and 'End' period beginning at the 'Start' date.
Finally, use the Reason box to outline why the Staff Member wishes to take leave. You may attach a document like a Doctors Certificate to the request by clicking choose File.
When finished writing details, click Save to save changes to send out the Leave Request, or click Back if you change your mind.