This article will serve as a launch pad to get you started quick! We wont go into excessive details, although each section will have links for further reading.
The steps for this guide will be organised in the following categories:
- Accept invitation email
- Interface overview
- Add and invite staff or carers
- Set up client price book
- Add clients
- Review account settings
- Add a shift to scheduler
Accept invitation email
So you have started you trial, but to log in successfully the email invitation must be accepted. It will arrive at what ever email you used to sign up.
Click "complete your account" to set a password. Read this article for more info.
- Side bar menu: Scheduler; Staff; Clients; Invoices; Reports; Account. Click each for more options and sub menus.
- Search for clients or staff, and filter shifts.
- Staff list: Changing the sort options you can view via alphabetical or number of assigned shifts.
- Date selection and calendar format
- Your profile can be accessed here, and notifications will show up on the flag.
- Main scheduler area where shifts and the roster will show up. You can add shifts here too.
Add and invite carers or staff
Adding staff members is easy, simply click the add new staff button on scheduler.
Now set up all the details of the staff member and click create.
Note: Name and email are mandatory.
Now an email will be sent to the staff member.
Set up client price book
To allow for ShiftCare to automatically calculate costs for the client, you can assign them a price book per shift, or a default one via their profile.
First you need to have a valid price book. A lot of our customers use the NDIS price guides. Navigate to Account Settings, click prices.
Now you will see a tour of the price books and how to use them, for more info please read this article: Adding price books and prices
To import NDIS price guides read this article: Import NDIS Price guide
Before you can add shifts to scheduler you need staff and clients set up. Using the side bar menu click the clients heading. Now click New.
Now you will see the input fields to add as much data as is needed. Client name is the only mandatory field, you can add the rest later. Read more about adding clients here.
Review account settings
Check over your settings and make sure you have decided which options best suit your organisation, we have a few common defaults set up already.
Click Account>Settings from the side bar menu
The following categories are relevant for a quick start guide.
- Add a company logo in the top left by clicking or dragging a logo file here.
- Company: Edit you organisation's name, and also access the carer invitation link here.
- Scheduler: Important to set the correct timezone here. review the shift types and client types.
- Invoices: Add your company financials here for invoicing purposes. A message to send with invoices, and also apply a default line item description.
- Time and attendance: Location check for worker clockin and attendance threshold for auto approval of worker times if you want to auto approve time sheets this way.
Add a shift to scheduler
Now you have all the components in place to add a shift in scheduler. To add a shift, navigate to Scheduler by clicking the sidebar heading.
Notice the button in the top right, "+ Add Shift" click this to bring up the shift detail view. Select client, shift type, area, price book, time & location and carer. Remember to click Save.
Alternatively, click anywhere in scheduler view. Ideally click the day or time, next to the carer you want the shift for.
For more info read how to add a shift to scheduler.
Is you shift marked pending? see the most common reasons for pending status.
You are now versed in the main ways to get set up, remember to view our help desk collection and contact support staff for further help once you are set up!
That concludes the quick start guide, good luck!