How to request leave? What is the process - approval/rejection, link to approved/rejected
What is the process? - approval/rejection, link to approved/rejected article.
ShiftCare enables Staff to book days or times when they are unavailable to work, this could be for any reason such as a regular day off on leave, a short time frame such as a dental appointment or a longer block of time for a holiday.
Staff can request these days through the app and Admin, HR and Coordinator users will be notified to approve or reject the request.
Requesting non-working day
Requesting a Leave/Non-working day thru your Mobile App, has different processes from your desktop App that you need to follow. Please see instructions below:
1. Open your App on your phone.
2. Click on the Menu option on the upper left-hand side of the page, as seen below:
3. Select 'Leave' to go into the Leave Calendar page. Here you'll see all the Leaves you've requested previously with statuses either Booked, Pending, etc.
4. To apply for a new one, click on the plus (+) sign below.
5. Select Leave type (Please see types of Leaves and their definitions below), and tick All Day on or off.
Types of leave
- Annual Leave - a paid number of days each year that an employee is allowed to be away from work.
- Bereavement Leave - Authorized leave from work, paid or unpaid, for the purposes of attending to the funeral of a family member.
- Carer Leave - Carers leave enables you to take time off to care for and support an immediate family member or household member who is ill or injured.
- Compassionate Leave - a period of absence from work granted to someone as the result of particular personal circumstances, especially the death of a close relative.
- Jury Duty - the obligation to act or a period of acting as a member of a jury in court.
- Sick Leave - leave of absence granted because of illness.
- Non Working Day - may either be Regular Holidays and Special Holidays. Regular holidays are those that usually have a fixed date, such as New Year's Day, Independence Day, and Christmas Day. While Special Holidays on the other hand, are more flexible. Apart from being enacted by Congress, they can also be declared by the President.
- Workers Compensation - is a form of insurance providing wage replacement and medical benefits to employees injured in the course of employment in exchange for mandatory relinquishment of the employee's right to sue their employer for the tort of negligence.
6. Select Repeats, if you need it One-off, Daily, Weekends, etc.,
Repeats (Pattern) and Description
|Oneoff||Will only create a leave for the 'Start' date selected.|
|Daily||Will create a leave for every day in the 'Start' and 'End' period.|
|Weekly||Will create a leave for every week of the 'Start' and 'End' period on the day the 'Start' date was set to.|
|Fortnightly||Will create a leave for every fortnight of the 'Start' and 'End' period on the day the 'Start' date was set to.|
|Every 4 weeks||Will create a leave for every four weeks of the Start' and 'End' period beginning at the 'Start' date.|
|Monthly||Will repeat shift same date of every month of the Start' and 'End' period beginning at the 'Start' date.|
|Weekdays||Will create a leave for every weekday of the 'Start' and 'End' period beginning at the 'Start' date.|
|Weekends||Will create a leave for every weekend of the 'Start' and 'End' period beginning at the 'Start' date.|
7. Choose your Start and End date of your Leaves, and site your Reason on the field box provided.
8. You can also attach a file. Then click Save icon.
Once done, you'll receive a pop-up message that your Leave Request has been successfully submitted, and goes to Pending until Confirmed or Declined.
New Leave Request sent will be shown on your Calendar as seen below. If you wish to delete a 'Leave Request', click on the (x) icon on top of the box.
Then press 'yes' to completely delete leave request.