Smart Attendance allows you to manage timesheets electronically. Staff can then clockin/clockout of their shifts through mobile-app, which in turn allows staff to begin and end a shift when they reach shift location, thereby removing the dependency on manual timesheets. Further, this can be directly linked with timesheet/payroll export, therefore automating timesheet calculation process.
Note: Smart Attendance should be switched-on in your Account for you to use this feature.
When you’re near the area of your designated Shift Location, your ShiftCare mobile app clock-in will allow you to clock in, which means that your Shift time has started. When shift finishes, staff can clock out provided staff are still at shift location.
Note: Clockin/out feature requires that your workforce install ShiftCare App on their smartphones and allow Location Services access. Installing ShiftCare App.
Allowing Location Access to ShiftCare App
Because ShiftCare needs to know the user's location ShiftCare mobile-app must be given permission to access this information to clock-in or clock-out. Google and Apple devices have different ways to turn this on:
For Android devices using Chrome, Google have provided these instructions:
- On your Android device, open the Google Chrome app.
- Tap More Settings.
- Tap Site settings Location.
- Use the blue slider at the top of the screen to have Chrome ask before accessing your location, or to block all sites from accessing your location.
- Tap the specific blocked or allowed sites to manage exceptions.
For iPhone and iPad users Apple have provided the following steps:
- From the main screen of your iPhone / iPad
- Click on "Settings" > "General" > "Location Services"
- Enable the "Location Services" ("ON")
- Enable ("ON") or disable ("OFF") the "Location Services" for Safari
- Return to the menu screen and load https://app.shiftcare.com
Each time staff clockin/out it gets noted against shift timeline.
You can also subscribe to get notified of all Shift events within a particular Area. Further reading, Subscribing to all Shift Events.