Award versus Award Group
The purpose of an Award is to set a pay rate for a certain timeframe in a week, for example it provides you with the ability to set a Sunday afternoon premium rate. Award Groups are allocated to members of Staff in the Staff details section of the app.
Creating an Award
To create an Award firstly, in the left-hand-menu click on Awards > New Award Group. This will show the following screen. Enter a relevant name and click on the Create button.
Once you have clicked on the Create button the screen will refresh and load the Awards page. On this page you can choose an existing Award Group to apply your newly created Award to or more likely you will create a new Award Group.
Creating an Award Group
To create a new Award Group, in the left-hand-menu under Award click on the option that says New Awards.
Provide all of the relevant Award Group details:
- Award Group: Select an Award Group from the drop-down menu, this is likely to be the Award Area you recently created
- Name: Payroll category. Please consult your payroll officer/software to get appropriate category name.
- Effective Date: Enter the date you wish this to begin
- Hours: This is a sliding scale from 00:00 (midnight) through to 24:00 (midnight). For day rate you can set, for example, 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Day of Week: Select which days of the week this applies tos
Tip! You can differentiate between evening rates and day rates using time fields. E.g. If day rate is 7am to 7pm and then create another rate for evening 7pm to 12am under same rate group.
Applying an Award Group to a Staff member
- Click on the Edit button.
- Select the appropriate Award Group from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Save button