Award versus Award Group
The purpose of an Award is to �set a pay rate for a certain timeframe in a week, for example it provides you with the ability to set a Sunday afternoon premium rate.
Award Groups are allocated to members of Staff in the Staff details section of the app.
Creating an Award
To create an Award firstly, in the left-hand-menu click on Awards > New Award Group. This will show the following screen. Enter a relevant name and click on the Create button.
Creating an Award Group
To create a new Award Group, in the left-hand-menu under Award click on the option that says New Awards.
Provide all of the relevant Award Group details:
- Award Group: Select an Award Group from the drop-down menu, this is likely to be the Award Area you recently created
- Name: Payroll category. Please consult your payroll officer/software to get appropriate category name.
- Effective Date: Enter the date you wish this to begin
- Hours: This is a sliding scale from 00:00 (midnight) through to 24:00 (midnight)
- Day of Week: Select which days of the week this applies to
Applying an Award Group to a Staff member
- Click on the Edit button.
- Select the appropriate Award Group from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Save button
You may also be interested in the following Knowledge Base articles: