Allowances allow you to pay additional rate to Staff for a Shift, this might apply for a Shift that requires special skills such as a first aid qualification or where you want to pay Staff costs for meals.
This payment is in addition to their Award payment and shows as a separate line item in the Timesheet Report (accessed via the left-hand menu Reports > Timesheet Report), as shown below.
Setting up an Allowance
To set up an Allowance, navigate via the left-hand-menu, clicking on Awards > Allowances > New
Provide all of the relevant details:
- Name: Provide a meaningful name to the Allowance so you will easily remember
- Payroll Code: Enter a code that relates to your payroll system
- Permanent: Tick this checkbox to attach it directly to Staff e.g. first aid allowance is a permanent allowance for a Staff member if they have the correct certification
- Unit: From the drop-down menu choose whether it is a single, one-off item, a cost to be applied to each Shift in the Program or a payment based on the Kilometers traveled
- External: If you are connecting to an external platform such as a payroll system (e.g. MYOB) enter the relevant category ID
- Value: This can be used in an external platform for reporting purposes for example in a payroll system if you wanted to display within the line item pertaining to the Allowance that the payment was for 8 items you could set the Value to be 8
The categories relating to each allowance is known as a Unit.
Km is a mileage allowance. If you want to pay your staff mileage attach this allowance.
Override Award: This enables overriding of an already existing award if the pay rate for the allocated shift differs to the existing award rate.
Override Hours: Allows staff daily limit to be overridden to allow for on-call, excursions etc. The number of hours should be inputted in to the value section.
Program Cost: Refers to the cost of running the program.
One-off: If you wish to pay staff for a one-off shift attach this allowance.