When creating a Shift there are a number of elements which feed into an Invoice and result in costs being applied to Clients.
The purpose of this article is to detail those cost elements and provide information on them.
Costs within a Shift
- KM: This sets the base number of Kilometers paid by all Clients scheduled in the Shift.
- Program Cost: This sets the base cost for all Clients scheduled in the Shift.
Costs at an individual Client level
- Rate / Brokerage: Select this if you want to apply a different cost structure for the Shift that falls outside of the standard costs for the Area the Shift is being created in. For more information on Brokerage see the knowledge base article on Brokerage.
- Funds: If the Client has Funds (credit) set up under their Client Details to pay for the Shift that will be an option in the drop-down.
- Additional Cost: If the individual Client should pay an additional fee on top of the standard Shift fee add this cost in here.
- Travel: Tick this box to add the distance of the Client's pickup location to the Shift's address in addition to the base KM charged (see #1 above for more information on base Kilometers for a Shift).
- Pickup Address: The address is required if Pickup (#6) has been ticked. Where additional distance is being added to the cost of the Shift it is calculated from this address to the address of the Shift.
This can be different to the Client's address stored under their Client Details.
You may also be interested in the following Knowledge Base articles: