Before being able to assign shifts and generate programs for staff, you must have staff data entered into ShiftCare.
Navigate to the main menu on the left-hand side. Select the Staff tab. This will open a drop-down menu with the tab labelled New. Click on this tab.
On clicking new, below page will open. In this form name and email of the staff are mandatory fields in order to add staff to the ShiftCare.
Roles: Assign roles to all staff members accordingly as the access levels in each role vary.
Office staff should have one of the following roles assigned:
Carer (Support worker/care worker) can have the following roles assigned to them
- Kiosk (click here to read more about kiosk mode)
Role Carer is selected by default. (That means staff will have access to their own shifts via the shiftCare app)
If you are adding Office staff then click on Office User button. This will give you an option for access levels eg: Admin, Coordinator, support, Kiosk. You can assign these roles to your new staff according to your requirement. Click here to know more about roles.
Click Create after filling rest of the information.
Clicking on create will bring you to below page. All the information on this page is optional. You can start assigning shifts to the staff without this adding information here.
Demographic InformationClick on Edit in order to make changes in Demographic information.
Click On Photo Icon in order to upload Photo of the staff.
Click on Click to Upload to add an image of the staff,
The ShiftCare invitation email will be sent to the staff after adding them into the system and they who need to respond within 42 hours. In case staff fails to respond, you need to resend invite again.
Once staff accepts the invitation, then Resend Invite gets replaced with last login time.
Click On Edit in order to add or change information in this field
Explanation of setting Options:
- Role: Click here to know more about Role
- Teams: Click here to know more about Teams
- Notify Attendance Approval: Staff will be notified via shiftcare notifications once attendance is verified by office staff.
- Available for Rostering: This option is always ticked. Unticked this means that staff won't be visible in Leave request list, staff list on dashboard, edit shift/program, timesheet report and other report. The scenario this option is used when you are not doing shifts and donot want office staff to appear in above-mentioned pages and reports.
- External System Identifier:If you are exporting staff timesheet to payroll software then filling this field is important. Add your payroll staff ID.
- No Access: This means that staff with no access will not be counted towards the subscription limit.
- Account Owner: There is only one account owner.
Click update once all information is added.
Next of Kin Information
If the staff has provided next of kin contact you can add their information in this section. Treat this as an emergency contact for staff. This field is optional and thus can be left blank.
Click on Edit to add or change this information.
Once all required information is completed click Update at the bottom right of the section.
Click on Edit in order to add or make changes in this section
Explanation of Payroll Options:
PayGroup: To apply a Pay Group to a member of Staff, navigate to Pay group drop-down menu and select the appropriate group.
Daily Hours: This is the max limit of hours that staff is allowanced to work in a day (12am-12am). If staff has allocated hours more than "standard daily hours" (added in staff detail page, refer to screenshot below) then shift border will change. Change shift border means staff has exceeded his limit of an allocated hour on that day.
Weekly hours: This is the max limit of hours that staff is allowanced to work in a week.
Adding Staff Document
In order to add documents click on Manage all button on top right of this section and you can add as many documents as you want with there expiry date (if applicable). Click here to know more about adding staff documents.
You can also give access to your carer (Support worker) of their own documents via ShiftCare App. Click here to know more about this.