Before assigning carer, areas and generating schedule for clients, you must have client data entered into shiftCare.
Add New client
Navigate to the main menu on the left-hand side. Select the Clients tab. This will open a drop-down menu, in the menu select the tab labelled New. Then below page will open.
Now fill the client's demographic information in the form. The name is the only mandatory field in below page. That means you can add clients by just adding names and rest of the information can be added later.
This will take you to Client detail page as below page.
In order to add additional details of the client, you go to each category and click on Edit/Add.
- Demographic Details
- Add Photo
- Additional Contact
- Additional Infomation
Click on Edit in order to add or change information in this section.
Clicking on edit will take you to the page where you can add or change the demographic details of the client. Once you are done press Update.
You can also add your clients photo on this page. Click on the camera icon in the photo section.
That will take you to below page. Now press Click to upload and start adding photos of the client. There is no limit to add photos.
Once you are done uploading photo, tick the one you want to make a profile photo. And if you want to delete any photo then you can also do so at this stage by clicking on the bin icon on the photo.
Now your profile photo is added.
In order to add additional contacts of your client click on the Add button in front of the Additional contact field.
This will open below form. Add all the relevant fields. If you click on the Primary Contact checkbox then this contact will become primary contact. This means it will be visible on top of the page (with Primary contact label) among all other additional contacts.
In most cases, clients may have a primary carer (next of kin or emergency contact). If good to have that emergency contact always visible on top of the screen. This is how Primary contact is visible. You can view or edit this information as well.
Fund management is the most vital process in the organisation. The first step to managing client's funds is to added the funds in client detail page. In order to add funds, click on Add Fund option in funds section.
This will open below form. Fill in the information. Along with funds, you can also add hours. But you can choose to leave this field empty if it is not relevant to you. Click on save once all fields are filled.
You can add as many funds as you want. Click on Add Fund option on top right of this section to add an additional line.
- NDIA Number: This field is for adding NDIS number of the client. Please note you will not be able to claim invoices from NDIS if you haven't entered information in this field.
- PO Number : You can use this field for all NDIA clients.
- Client Type : Choose the type of the client based on the services you are providing to your client.
- Default Price: Determines the price that will be applied to the client's shifts (which will later be invoiced to the client). It is mandatory that the correct price is assigned to ensure the client is charged and invoiced accordingly. For more information about price read Price in the ShiftCare Knowledge-base.
- Team: It simply refers to carer groups which can be based on location, qualifications, language or client preference. For more information on creating Team read Carer Team. To read about why and how attaching carer team is beneficial for clients to read Attaching Team to Clients
- Share Progress Notes: While carer have access to record progress notes during a shift, this option allows for all notes made for a specific client to be accessible by any carer also assigned to the same client. These notes cannot be edited, thus creating a clear record of any incidences/notes that were recorded by carer.
Once all the information is added click on Update.
This section allows for any notes about the client to be added on their profile. Information that may not be documented in the client's care plan or for clients without a care plan (E.g: pets the client may need assistance taking care of, client's preferences, client's disabilities) or any information that carer may need to be made aware of that hasn't been documented.
There are sections in additional information:
Private Notes: These are notes that can be viewed only by office staff (E.g client's staff gender preference, language etc) to assist in rostering care-workers appropriately.
Additional Information: Any public information that can be viewed by carers (such as those listed under the Additional Info paragraph)
In order to add this information click on Edit
Once done with adding notes, hit Update.
Documents and Invoices
client documents cannot be added from this page and invoices cannot be generated from this page. However, you can view this information on the Client details page.
- To add client documentation, go to the client's Documentation page
- To raise an invoice, go to client's Shift Breakdown page.